Monday, March 05, 2007

Finally done it

So I submitted my grievance today to my HR rep. Of course, I had to go to the HR department to find out who my HR rep was...
21 grievances listed. I also suggested 6 things that would fix them.
I'm not sure what they're going to come back with, because it's so unpredictable. I can quite easily imagine that they do nothing for the next couple of weeks: sit on my complaint until I go to harrass them again. Alternatively, they may get bolshy about me not having followed proper channels: not that these have been explained to me, of course. And I wouldn't put it past them to agree that I have a case, but then find some other way to make my life difficult. I saw them really stick the knife in two of my colleagues through some legal shennanigans they'd contrived. I'm open-minded about it, but not expecting too much.
What most annoys me, however, is that I feel forced into this position. This company, for all its faults, represents a really good opportunity for me to learn new skills and work on interesting projects. But if they're forcing me into a position where I can't actually work here, then what choice do I have?

No comments: