Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Underlying insecurities

If you read Bruce Schneier, you'll already be familiar with this story about terrorists trying to bring down the UK internet from the Sunday Times. If you don't, I thought I'd bring it to your attention for the wealth of ignorance about how the internet works.
The comments are particularly funny, on both sides of the coin. Is Telehouse bomb proof? I went to assess it for a central government client in the UK and of course it isn't, but it's pretty secure. Could you take in the twenty or so 4U servers and pack them with semtex as one commentator suggests. Absolutely not. If you've ever tried to pick up a 4U server or seen a data house loading bay you'd know why. Basically, I'd read the article and comments and assume that whatever is said is the opposite of the truth. Apart from a comment by someone called Jon which just says LMAO. That was pretty much my response too.

No comments: